I had been composing a post, in my head, that I had entitled "complain complain complain" but it was full of me complaining and I got bored with it, and it never got out of the internal dialogue stage of post-making.
So, there's this post instead. Full of nonsense.
1. We are now four days out from CA: Civil War and I remain about 98% spoiler free! \o/ Basically I don't watch TV and only squint at tumblr. None of my real life friends cares one iota about the MCU. Although there was that one time I was at dinner with a bunch of friends and someone brought up the CW trailer and I was like GOTTA GO TO THE BATHROOM BYE.
2. 'Course I probably just jinxed myself.
3. Today at the car dealership, on some morning talk show, a couple of the MCU actors were there promoting the movie and I was like "oh no you don't" and had my headphones on in a jiffy. But I was momentarily struck by how weird it was to watch these particular actors being interviewed. And then I realized that I had gotten so used to seeing them only in gif format on tumblr, where that was more normal than regular video. OY.
4. One of the things I wanted to complain about was the dearth of Sam/Steve fiction out there. Why isn't there more? WHY? Feel free to rec me some Steve/Sam, although I feel like I've been pretty thorough in my searches. Preferably not also as part of Steve/Bucky or another pairing because of reasons. Not that I don't love them all, because I DO, I really do.
4.a. I admit I have picky tastes.
5. Also if anyone has any good recommendations for Steve/Thor? I tried checking out the pairing tag on AO3 but got dispirited at what seemed to be only cracky/gimicky type stories all wildly ooc, but maybe I missed something.
5.a Also, also, I've come to accept that I will always be out of step with fandom at large -- I only play in a fandom sandbox if I love canon and it seems to me that most everyone else plays in a fandom sandbox *despite* canon.
6. I rewatched all of Star Wars, from the prequels to Clone War to the original trilogy to TFA. And this is what I learned: a) Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favorite character, b) the Emperor has got some serious long con game skills yo. Like, the man has patience. c) having the force is more trouble than it's worth, d) Clone Wars is by far the better, more comprehensive part of the stories pre-original trilogy, e) JJ Abrams should not be trusted with science. not even with fantasy science. I know there's hand wavy explanation for why everyone in every system can see the starkiller destroy that one system but it's dumb. At least the trilogy kept to it's own logic, but TFA is kind of all over the place. f) but even with that, which honestly pulls me out of the story every time, TFA is a lot of fun if only for Rey and Finn. And sometimes Poe.
7. I've started writing a new book and... you guys, writing is hard.
8. I am deeply amused by the billboard around town for Neighbors 2
(and jeez, was there a Neighbors 1???) because it's like EXACTLY the same as the billboards all around town for CA Civil War. EXACTLY THE SAME.
Honestly I'd almost prefer the plot of Neighbors 2.... haha. Okay not really. But kind of yeah.
Wow that was kind of complainy after all. :/