Hahaha. Omg, that subject line is naughty
. But I mean double fisting in the "holding two drinks at once" meaning. Not the other, ahem, meaning. *snerk*
I am rewriting my book and it is pretty much sucking all my life force. Just so you know.
In theory, I will *somehow* write my story for hl_chronicles
, but it will be quick and dirty. Sometimes quick and dirty really works out well, though, so here's hoping!
I finished seasons 1 through 3 of Fringe
. It was fun! Although I did not like season 3 as much as I loved seasons 1 and 2. ( cutting just in case )
I am looking forward to season 4. I can only assume things get more complicated.
Double fisting is in reference to the fact that I felt the need to hold myself back from gobbling up Star Trek: Voyager
episodes all in one sitting, due to wanting to have this rewatch last as long as possible, that I started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation
at the same time, to alleviate the need to watch star trek episodes. haha.
So, it's Star Trek
double fisting. So to speak. A distinction I feel must elevate the reference somewhat. lol.
Things I am learning in this most recent rewatch of such treasured shows:
1. Still stupid in love with Chakotay and Tom Paris. Not necessarily together. I'm good with them apart and with others. Although, in canon, every little scene between the two of them is SOLID GOLD. I love their in canon relationship to stupid little bits. In fanfiction, it's a lot more difficult. I had forgotten just how wackadoo C/P fanfiction was. It's like one big rapefest for this pairing, and that's annoying not to mention disturbing, and rife with out of character/character bashing/ female hate. But for the few wonderful C/P fics, it's definitely a pairing that has me recoiling from a lot of the fiction. Which, whatever, it's like almost 20 years old now, so what's the use of complaining? There was excellent fiction written, so that will have to do.
2. In previous viewings of this show, I always had mixed feelings about B'Elanna Torres, but I find this time I really love her. Go figure. I think it was how in conflict she always was with herself, I don't think I was ever really able to sympathize. And wasn't particularly willing to read it in fan fiction. But it doesn't bother me now.
3. Still love Janeway in all her bad ass, glory. I think my favorite Janeway episodes so far are the two part "Year of Hell" episodes. I haven't started the episodes where she really starts to kind of go off the rails and I'm looking forward to them. So far (through season 4) she's awesome.
4. Similar to my new found love of B'Elanna, I had in previous years never liked William Riker much, but I don't know you guys, this time he makes me smile and laugh in just about every episode!
5. Data is quite possible king of the universe.
6. Picard is dead sexy. This is a universal truth.
7. Voyager (and Star Trek in general) wasn't very good in depicting romantic relationships. They're not always that great with friendships, either. They set up relationships wonderfully, but then kind of drop the ball and expect a few scenes here and there to be enough development. This doesn't really bother me, to be truthful, it's not why I watch Star Trek, or why people watched Star Trek, but it is something that's interesting to note.
8. Since Seven of Nine has come on board, I have been watching every scene with Chakotay and her, and I gotta say, that pairing has some interesting dynamics, especially if you consider that neither of the actors were probably aware that the writers would create a romance for them randomly in the last few episodes.
I have a 20 year high school reunion today. sigh.
We've had 2 ponies die in as many weeks. One from colic, the other from laminitis. :(